Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

second inning and a two-run double by Montero

second inning and a two-run double by Montero

SAN FRANCISCO -- Tony Campana and Cliff Pennington made the most of their rare starts for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Mark Grace Jersey . Campana drove Pennington in with the go-ahead run on an RBI single with two outs in the 10th inning to lead the Diamondbacks to their first back-to-back wins of the season with a 6-5 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Thursday night. "Its just us being ready," Campana said. "We both kind of kept our routine the same. You kind of come in every day ready to play. Today we got the start and both did a pretty good job at the plate and got the win." Campana had a career-high four hits and Pennington added three, including a two-run single as both players made just their second starts of the young season. "Theyre not rookies, and they prepare themselves properly," manager Kirk Gibson said. "They were ready to play tonight." Miguel Montero also drove in two runs for the Diamondbacks, who won the final two games of the series. Michael Morse hit a two-run double that gave the Giants the lead, but an error by third baseman Pablo Sandoval allowed the tying run to score in the eighth and San Francisco fell in extra innings to lose their first home series since last August against Boston. Pennington hit a one-out single off Yusmeiro Petit (0-1) in the 10th and then stole second base on a 2-2 pitch to Campana with two outs. Campana then blooped a single just over the outstretched glove of second baseman Brandon Hicks to score the go-ahead run. "It took some pressure off once he got to second," Campana said. "I knew I just had to get it through the infield somehow. Got jammed and got over his head barely." J.J. Putz (1-0) pitched a scoreless ninth for the win and Addison Reed got three outs for his third save in as many chances. The Diamondbacks failed to score in the seventh after loading the bases with no outs, but got the tying run an inning later on Sandovals bad throw. With runners on first and second and two outs in the eighth, Campana hit a slow grounder to Sandoval, who rushed his throw to first. The ball sailed over Brandon Belts head allowing Gerardo Parra to score the tying run from second. "You have to keep your poise," manager Bruce Bochy said. "He got in a rush mode there. With the game on the line, you have to be a bit more cautious. You have to know the situation." Sandoval had a chance to make up for that mistake in the bottom half but couldnt deliver. The Giants loaded the bases with one out with help from a fly to centre that Campana misjudged to give Brandon Crawford a leadoff double. Belt hit a fly ball to left field that was not deep enough to let Crawford tag from third. Sandoval then flied out to deep right to end the inning. The Diamondbacks jumped on top early against Ryan Vogelsong with a two-run single by Pennington in the second inning and a two-run double by Montero in the third to take a 4-1 lead. The Giants hitters chipped away after the early deficit, getting a run in the third on the first bunt single of Buster Poseys career when he surprised Arizona with a two-out bunt with Angel Pagan on third. Back-to-back doubles by Morse and Crawford to open the fourth made it 4-3 and Morses double off Will Harris in the fifth gave the Giants the lead. NOTES: Arizona manager Kirk Gibson unsuccessfully challenged a play at second base in the first inning when Campana was caught stealing to end the inning after a strikeout to Paul Goldschmidt. ... The Giants held a pregame ceremony honouring their former home, Candlestick Park, which is set to be torn down later this year. ... Madison Bumgarner (1-0) takes the mound for the Giants on Friday when they open a series against Colorado. ... Brandon McCarthy (0-1) is set to take the mound for Arizona on Friday in the opener of a three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Kerry Wood Jersey . Adam LaRoche will take that. "I like our position in the standings and I like how our team is playing," LaRoche said after Washington swept a day-night doubleheader from the Cubs on Saturday. Ian Happ Jersey . Alexander was released last week by the Edmonton Eskimos, where he spent the past three seasons at safety. He had 121 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles and seven interceptions in 51 regular-season and three playoff games. http://www.thecubsteamshop.com/Cubs-Jon … ds-Jersey/ . Moors, from Cambridge Ont., landed a double-twisting, double somersault in the layout position, en route to a score of 14.600 points in the womens floor exercise, more than a full point ahead of runner-up Pia Tolle of Germany.Taipei, Taiwan (SportsNetwork.com) - Inbee Park threatened 59 on Friday, but settled for a course-record tying round, which gave her a 3-shot lead after 36 holes of the Fubon LPGA Taiwan Championship. Park fired a 10-under 62 to match Mirim Lees course record, which Lee set about an hour and a half earlier. Park finished two rounds at 18-under 126. Park and Suzann Pettersen had set the 36-hole scoring mark at this event in 2012 when they posted a two-round total of 134. Park smashed that record on Friday. Everything was working really good out there today. I probably didnt hit as close as yesterday, but I holed a lot of putts today, Park said. Obviously, two days without the wind here in Taiwan is really unusual and I thought I should take advantage of that for two days and I feel like I did that. Shanshan Feng, who shared the first round lead with Park, closed with back-to- back birdies for a 7-under 65. Feng is alone in second place at Miramar Golf Country Club at minus-15. Lee jumped into a share of third place at 10-under-par 134. She was joined there by Lydia Ko (65), Azahara Munoz (66) and Line Vedel (68). Stacy Lewis, who lost the top spot in the world rankings to Park last Monday, stands alone in seventh place at 9-under 135 after a second-round 68. Park and Feng were in the final group together, and both got off to quick starts. They both birdied the first two holes. Park made it three in a row as she also birdied the par-3 third. However, Park stumbled to a bogey at the fourth to dip one behind Feng, who birdied the fourth. Park bounced right back with birdies at five and six to get to 12-under. Feng got up and downn for birdie at the par-5 sixth to remain tied with Park at minus-12. Ben Zobrist Jersey. Feng made it two in a row as she also birdied the seventh from eight feet out. Park once again had an answer. She holed her second shot for eagle on the par-4 eighth. That jumped her to 14-under, where she led by one. She would not lose the lead again. Around the turn, Park made a birdie putt from the back fringe at the 10th. She pitched her third shot at the par-5 12th to four feet and rolled that in for birdie. Park notched back-to-back birdies at 14 and 15 to move to 18-under. She had a chance to shoot 59 with three more birdies, but she parred the last three holes to card a 62. Yeah, definitely thought it was possible going into 13 and 14, because coming down the stretch, I thought there was a lot of birdie holes. Especially the last, its a par-5, Park said when asked if she thought about shooting 59. Feng, who was one down at the turn, stumbled to bogeys at 10 and 11 to slide four behind. She got one stroke back at the 12th. Feng climbed back to minus-13 as she made birdie on the par-3 14th. After a pair of pars, Feng birdied the final two holes to get within three shots after two rounds. NOTES: Park has the 36-hole lead for the second time this season and for the seventh time in her LPGA Tour career .. Park has won just two of the previous six times she was in this position ... Danielle Kang aced the par-3 17th giving her a hole-in-one for the second straight week ... Kang has three aces this season, which tied her with Charlotta Sorenstam (2002) and Tracy Kerdyk (1991) for the LPGA Tour record for most in one season. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
developer5
Members Online:
Guests Online: